What you will learn
- How to structure your way from a first idea or a fuzzy vision to a live product by using an explorative approach to product discovery.
- How to lead the product discovery process and align with your team, your boss and all stakeholders: Explain why your product matters, what you aim to accomplish and how you will do it.
- How to really understand your users’ needs and create meaningful customer profiles.
- How to generate insights and run lean experiments in order to drive better decisions and outcome based on evidence and empathy.
Exploration strategy and tactics
Learn how to use the Discovery Excursion Model to structure your product journey, align with stakeholders, explore options, and drive operational, and strategic decisions.
- Learn how to kick-off a new project and to clarify the user- and business- context using a mandate canvas.
- Create a high degree of autonomy through collaborative alignment with stakeholders, executive leadership, clients, and discovery team.
Value Partner Creation
- Understand a product as an exchange of value at its core.
- Learn how to keep value partners at the center of your product discovery process and thus close the gap between business vision and customer needs.
- Figure out what value really means in your context and how to capture it.
Live customer interviews
- Learn how to create empathy with your value partners in order to understand what they need and why they need it.
- Prepare interview scripts and conduct customer interviews by using the sticky-customer-journey method.
- Uncover problems worth solving, today’s solutions, desired future, and switching forces, by using the jobs-to-be-done framework and the customer forces canvas.
Testing and experimentation
- Learn how to define riskiest assumptions, validation plans, and experiments to (in)validate problem insights, ideas and hypotheses.
- Assemble problem insights into testable solutions.
- Apply lean rapid experimentation methods and drive quick learning.
- Create purpose and direction based on your validated insights and translate them back into vision, strategy, business model, and product.
- Learn how to apply evidence-based decision-making processes to make better decisions on what to do next.
- Evaluate opportunities and decide whether they are worth pursuing.
1,250.00 EUR per person excluding VAT. Snacks, drinks and lunch included.
Min 12 to max 16 participants.
Time & Venue
Next dates are in the making. Please use the form below to (pre)book your seat.
German or English
Christian Becker supports companies to fast forward from a very first idea to validated product, specializing in product and business strategy, user research, conception and validation. Before founding his own company, he was heading the product management, UX and content team at mobile.de.
Jan Milz is a lean product manager and entrepreneur with over ten years of professional experience. After co-founding two tech startups he worked as a product manager for companies like Otto, Breuninger or XING. Currently he helps organisations with product management and product discovery as a freelance consultant. He is passionate about agile, problem solving and innovation.
Nikkel Blaase is a product designer, who works at XING in Hamburg. He writes and speaks a lot about designing products, specifically how to think in products, about UX strategy and how to start a digital business. Nikkel is passionate about bringing »Product Thinking« to the world of product development to see more successful products tailored to people’s needs.